There are many instances in life when one comes face to face with some facet of reality that could shatter you. The pain might create such a situation where one would find it hard to cope the future.
But life is not one big moment – life is several little things that, together make up the canvas of emotions and experiences. Life is also not about winning over obstacles and getting through the day (though many of us choose to believe that), but it is about how one navigates through difficulties.
In this human form, we are all here to learn a lesson or two. It would be foolish to believe that these lessons would come as a bouquet of roses. Rather, it is the thorns that would decidedly teach us a few things. Obstacles are small lessons and provide us with those instances of discomfort from where we should view the brighter side of life.
During these moments, it would be fruitful to remember,
- The pain is not permanent. All will heal with time.
- Worrying is no solution. It only gives you grey hair.
- Others’ problems are not your responsibility. Clean your own plate before you take up someone else’s issues.
- It is okay to cry. Crying releases stress. Bottling up emotions could lead you to depression.
- You own your life. Believe in your freedom and never allow others to try and control your life.
- Life is never simple. That itself is hard enough to understand. And here we are, trying to complicate matters even more.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
“Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam